Wednesday, September 26, 2012

An Apple a Day, Day 1, part 2

Ok, so what else to do with apples? APPLE BUTTER! Yum!

My friend, Ann Marie, gave me her recipe for crock pot apple butter. My house smells amazing right now. It is very easy to do!

Ann Marie's Apple Butter


5 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
2 TBS lemon juice
1/2 c sugar - little less if sweet apples (I used 1/4 c because I had Stayman apples which are very sweet)
1/2 c brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves

Toss apples with lemon juice. Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on high, covered for 2 hours. Uncover and cook on low until it is easily mashed. Mash with potato masher (for slightly chunky) or blend with immersion blender (for smooth). Makes about 1quart. 

I doubled this and canned it in jelly jars. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment