Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Pie Worthy of Rivendell

Today is Father's Day and my family is celebrating Daddy this evening at dinner. My contribution is dessert. I decided to make a blackberry pie and saw something similar to this and decided to see what I could do! I think Lord Elrond would approve of this pie, don't you?


Blackberry Pie from Remodelaholic

  • Preheat to 375
  • In a bowl combine:
    • 3/4 – 1 cup sugar
    • 3 T flour
    • dash salt
    • 1 – 1lb bag frozen blackberries (or blue…)
    • 1-2 tsp lemon juice
  • Fold together, gently.  The flour and sugar won’t necessarily melt, it doesn’t matter. 
  • Pour into the prepared pie shell.
  • Cut 2 Tbsp of butter into small squares and distribute over the top of the berries. 
  • Cover with a top crust, either a solid pice with a few slits or lattice, which ever you prefer. 
  • Bake for 40-45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment