Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Lemon Peppermint Lip Scrub

Recently I have been experimenting with essential oils. I decided to start my collection with the awesome First Aid Set from Eden's Garden. I have made many different things so far, but one thing I made recently and am using for Christmas gifts is a lemon peppermint lip scrub. I modified a recipe which called for both coconut oil and wild orange essential oil. I have a severe nut and coconut allergy, so half of the challenge with all these awesome homemade body products is finding something that will suitably replace coconut oil. For ones that need a more solid base I have used avocado butter and beeswax, but for this I replaced the tablespoon of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of avocado oil (I got this bottle at Costco). I also didn't have wild orange oil on hand, but I love the combination of lemon and peppermint so I thought I would give it a shot. I have loved this recipe. It made my lips feel so good. I got my mom to try it and she loved it as well.



Lemon Peppermint Lip Scrub

  • 4 TBS brown sugar
  • 3 TBS honey
  • 1 TBS avocado oil
  • 9 drops lemon essential oil
  • 9 drops peppermint essential oil
Mix sugar, honey, and avocado oil together. Add essential oils. Spoon into airtight containers. I found it filled two 2 oz containers nicely. 


Rub on your lips, wash off, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment