Thursday, May 3, 2012

Shrimp Enchiladas with Black Beans and Rice


Tonight I got to cook an actual meal. I actually got to cook. Hooray! In an attempt to use some of our freezer's contents, I went on a search for a new shrimp recipe. I ended up making a variation of shrimp enchiladas that I found on Allrecipes. It was voted a "keeper" by every member of my family within a few bites. Enjoy it!

Shrimp Enchiladas

5 TBS olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp Franks Red Hot Sauce (or other hot sauce)
6 lg shrimp per enchilada, peeled and deveined, without tails
flour tortillas
2 c shredded Cheddar and Monterey cheese blend
2 c salsa

Mix together 4 TBS olive oil, garlic, ginger, hot sauce and shrimp in a large bowl or ziploc bag. Allow to marinate for a little while (I only left them for 20 mins but it called for 2 hours). Preheat oven to 350. Spread the remaining TBS of olive oil in a 9x13 or 9x9 pan. Warm the tortillas. Put 6 shrimp, cheese, and salsa in each tortilla and roll it up. Place seam side down in the pan. Once all your enchiladas are in the pan, spread some extra salsa on top. I also added some cheese to the top, but just because I had some left. Bake for 20-30 minutes (check to see if the shrimp are pink). Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top and with rice and black beans.


No comments:

Post a Comment