Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Tortilla Chips


I found this recipe on Pinterest not too long ago and thought I would try it out. This is a loose adaptation from a recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything's blog. Her salsa turned out much prettier but mine is chopped finer and therefore probably is easier to eat on these chips. I used my Pampered Chef chopper to chop up the fruit. This is a delicious dessert. It makes a great entertaining dish.

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips

2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and chopped
16 oz strawberries, capped and chopped
2 TBS sugar
1 TBS brown sugar (I used Splenda Brown Sugar Baking Blend)
3 TBS fruit preserves (honestly, I think you could leave this out without it affecting the taste much)

10 flour tortilla chips
water
cinnamon/sugar mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix chopped fruit, sugar, and preserves. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.

Thoroughly saturate a paper towel in water. Rub the paper towel on one side of each tortilla and immediately sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mix. Using a pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into 8ths. Arrange on cookie sheet or baking stone. Bake for 8-10 mins. Cool on wire rack.

I think next time I make this I may omit the sugars and preserves from the salsa and use a few tablespoons of honey instead.





No comments:

Post a Comment