Saturday, April 7, 2012

Soup's On


IT IS FALL!!!!!







Okay, I know that you all know that but I felt the need to scream my joy from the top of someplace very high! Which I cannot do online so I went for ALL CAPS!

With fall comes beautiful colors, beautiful leaves, beautiful sights, beautiful smells, aaaaaaand beautiful FLAVORS! So, as we have established, it is fall. Enter my butternut squash obsession! I love the flavor, color, and smell that butternut squash adds to the season. It is like pumpkin, only better! So today when I got home from babysitting I decided I needed to make something yummy involving butternut squash. Well I found some wonderful recipes earlier this week but I didn't have everything I needed and no time to grocery shop so I did what anyone would do at this point. I winged it! The result was a delicious concoction that made me feel like I should be tucked away in a cabin somewhere in the mountains next to a wood stove with a big floppy dog at my feet! Enough waxing poetic. You should just make this and see for yourself!

Autumn Sausage and Squash Soup

1 lb spicy Italian sausage, scrambled and drained
1 lg can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can or 12 oz bag of frozen sweet corn
Approx 24 oz chicken broth (add more or less as desired)
1 can Cannelloni beans
1 can Great Northern beans
1 sm can sliced mushrooms
1/2 med butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1/2 in cubes
minced onion*
parsley*
oregano*

*I don't measure...

Mix and cook at least until the squash is soft. Enjoy! Since this is my original recipe, please let me know what you think whenever you try it!



No comments:

Post a Comment